- This event has passed.
[GPI Meeting] Digitalisation in Times of COVID-19: Identifying Challenges and Finding Solutions through Triangular Partnerships
September 14, 2021 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm UTC+0
In the past year, the regulatory measures imposed across the globe in response to the COVID-19 pandemic require flexibility and adaptability. The pandemic speeded the transition to the digitalisation era, and simultaneously exposed a digital gap and new forms of social inequality. Digitalisation provides a growing set of tools supporting governments and non-state actors in their response to the direct and indirect consequences of COVID-19. In this context, triangular partnerships may help partners to better identify development challenges and create innovative solutions towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Global Partnership Initiative (GPI) on Effective Triangular Cooperation organised its 2021 Meeting on 14 and 15 September 2021. The two-day meeting aimed to celebrate the United Nations South-South Cooperation Day, launch the GPI brief Leveraging Triangular Partnerships to Respond to COVID-19 and Build Back Better from the Pandemic and foster networking and matchmaking among GPI members. Overall, the meeting brought together more than 120 participants from all regions of the world.
On 14 September, GPI members and the broader development co-operation community reflected on the findings of the brief. Co-authored by nine GPI members, the brief provides three main recommendations:
- Ensure that good practices and solutions are replicated and scaled up in and beyond the context of COVID-19;
- Incorporate triangular co-operation components, as sharing of knowledge and experience, into COVID-19 response programmes;
- Promote triangular co-operation to leave no one behind.
Access the recording of the Webinar here.
On 15 September happened the GPI Marketplace to create an opportunity for interaction and matchmaking among GPI members and partners. The 2021 Marketplace was organised in four thematic groups:
- Institutional and legal frameworks for mass digital use in countries of the West African Economic and Monetary Union (UEMOA)
- Global capacity building on digital agriculture for sustainable agriculture and food systems transformations
- National deployment of learning management systems
- Digital transformation enabling effective development co-operation: Experience of the Knowledge Hub for South-South Cooperation